Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Acceptance of the prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is Scape Australia Management Pty Ltd (ABN 47 603 368 609) of Suite 30.2 Level 30 Governor Macquarie Tower, 1 Farrer Place, Sydney NSW 2000 (telephone number 1300 068 888) (Promoter).
3. All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12.01am (AEDT) on 13th January 2020 and closes at 11:59pm (AEDT) on 10th March 2020 (Promotion Period).
4. Entry is open to all current students who are Australian residents, aged 18 years or older (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter or Unidays Australia PTY Limited of Level 19, 45 Clarence Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000 and each of their related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter, during the Promotion Period, Eligible Entrants must submit a response in 50 words or less for the question “How do you picture your life after university?” via the competition page https://scapeunidayscomp.com/.
6. Multiple entries are not permitted.
7. Eligible Entrants will successfully enter into the competition with a response that answers the questions denoted above.
8. The Promoter is not responsible for any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise.
9. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time that the response is submitted online via the competition page https://scapeunidayscomp.com/.
10. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
11. There will be one winner selected by the Promoter on 12 March 2020 at 12pm AEDST. The winner will be selected by the Promoter.
12. The result of the competition prize draw is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The prize is one $1000 Woolworths voucher valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
14. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. The prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize. If the Prize (or part of the Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
15. The winner will be notified by phone and in writing via email on the following date:
12 March 2020
The winner’s name of the competition prize draw will be published on https://scapeunidayscomp.com/ from 12 March 2020 for a minimum of 28 days and on Scape Australia social media channels.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
16. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the prize. If the prize remains unclaimed at 5.30pm (AEST) on 23 May 2020 a second chance draw will be conducted by the Promoter on 25 May 2020 at 2.00pm (AEST) at the same location as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. The winner determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by phone and in writing within 2 business days of the draw and their name will be published on https://scapeunidayscomp.com/ from 26 May 2020 for a minimum of 28 days.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
17. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
18. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
19. The exclusion of liability in clause 18 above does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
20. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name of the winners may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless a winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
21. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.